Monday, May 6, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Cinco De Mayo 2013!



Had a great time celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Twenty three chihuahuas took part in the festivities. We had Mexican food, music and briefly discussed chihuahua history. From my understanding chihuahuas may be descendants of the Techichi. Also learned we are one of the healthiest breeds around that can also live up to 20 years; though one of the longest known living chihuahuas was approximately 25 years old! 

 I thought I would share some of my party photos as well as some of my Chihuahua-Mexi-looks (in case someone wants to hire me as a ranchero for their movie, don't you know?)


Some of my Chihuahua Friends - Wendy, Ruby and Lil' Bit

This is my "Oh so Chic (chihuahua)" look!

Having fun with friends!

Humans bring all sorts of great food to MY party - but don't let me have any... 

Ok, OK, that was a fib.  They did let me have some corn taco shells and tomatoes, and they also had a table for Chihuahuas only, filled with baby carrots and grain free organic dog treats.  But no one took a picture of it.

Chihuahuas come in all shapes and sizes... can you find me in this photo?

This is my Clint Eastwood scowl: "Do you feel lucky?  

Don't make me go all Chihuahua on you!"  

We had a nice time celebrating with friends and learning more about my heritage.  All that fun and posing made me really tired afterwards.  I took a really, really long nap when I got home.

27 comments:

  1. That poncho is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! LVOE the hat. Happy BlogPaws WW. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable photos! :-) I wish I needed a ranchero...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am sure you have some left over carrots at your house? I love carrots - WOOF WOOF!

      Delete
  4. Piranha, great poncho dude...pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like all kinds of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a fun celebration! You look adorable, what a outfit!! Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you - we had a good time. I got to eat extra carrots and my momma let me have a taste of plain corn taco chips. I only had to pose with the outfit for a few minutes - woof woof!

      Delete
  7. Looks fabulous! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piranha Banana, you really know how to throw a party! Love your festive garb. You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I had a wonderful time with all my chihuahua friends. Wish you could have been there - glad you liked my outfit! WOOF WOOF

      Delete
  9. That looks delicious and super fun. Plus your outfit was adorable! Next year we will have to dress Luna up too!

    Check out how we celebrated Cinco de Mayo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - glad you liked my outfit. I only had to wear it for a little while for photographs. I really liked your photos and your green harness. I need a green harness like that too! It also looks like you had a lot of people celebrating with you and on a sunny day to boot -lucky you! Next year please share your photos of when you dress up for Cinco de Mayo! WOOF WOOF!

      Delete
  10. Omg! Your pictures crack me up! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them - You need to get yourself a sombrero too! WOOF!

      Delete
  11. So glad I finally found your blog :)
    You have been leaving comments in mine without leaving link to here.

    Happy Cinco de Mayo...and quoting from my fav comedian "It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho" and the Chihuahuas look amazing in poncho and sombrero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy - you know I don't know how to see if people comment on my comments -I need to figure that out still. I am so glad you found me - I like that you decided to write me. It is true that I was very happy wearing the poncho because i knew that wearing it would get me some pieces of the crispy taco corn chips and carrots. YUM! WOOF!

      Delete
    2. I see that you have figured it out ;)
      I always visit anyone who had visited my blogs because I might find new interesting blogs with big hearted owner :)

      Just remember not to eat the chilly or you'll get stomachache ;)

      Delete
  12. Hey Dude,

    I'll hire you as a Ranchero any day! Now I just have to think of a movie! :)

    I hope you're having a fun day,

    Snoops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Snoopy

      Thank you -- When you need a ranchero to come and eat your leftover and unwanted carrots - give me a woof!

      WOOF!

      Delete
  13. Can't believe I missed this post last week. You look mucho guapo! Happy WW Piranha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracias Sarah - I am glad you like my oh-so-Mexican Chic look - WOOF WOOF!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - send me a woof or two!


DogTv

Blog Archive

Piranha Banana's Followers