Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reading With Kids At The Library


What? 
You did not know that I am part of the Tail Waggin' Tutoring Program? 

Yes!  
As a Therapy Assist Dog I get to have kids read to me in libraries.  No treats required.   

Kids who are shy readers or would like to improve their reading skills sign up to read.  I listen (sometimes I get sleepy), I don't correct them and I pay attention. 

Did you know Tufts University did a study where it was found that kids who read to dogs have an increase in their reading skills?  

Therapy Dog reading Links: 
Tufts University Study    
ABC News - Dogs Help Kids Read

Below are a few recent photos of me at the Crestwood Library with my friend Birdie.  I love when kids pick books about dogs!
I love reading with kids!

Strike a pose!

Birdie and me


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - send me a woof or two!


DogTv

Blog Archive

Piranha Banana's Followers