Thursday, September 4, 2014

Vet Visit & Lump Watch

Last week I had the great misfortune that my Momma found a dry, flaky, yellow substance on my back.   Then she continued to examine my body for more.  And lo and behold, she found a suspicious lump on top of my tail.    This of course, put me in a pickle  -  because now she thought every horrible thing possible.  Lucky for me, it was too late in the evening to go to the doctor right then.  However, Momma clearly stated that she was taking me to  Midwest Animal Hospital during lunchtime the next day and getting my scootin' behind done as well (lucky me, not!). Ugh.   Let's just say I was none too happy during the visit - can you tell?... (clearly refusing to look at Momma or her pesky camera)...
In the waiting room... someone appears to have left an old receipt on the seat... 
pick up after yourselves, people!
First thing they do around here is check one's weight... hmph!
It appears (they claim) I have gone from 8.7 to 9.5lbs - I demand a recheck! Who's in charge around here?
Hangin' on tight.  Not looking forward to this.  Momma makes me look at the house parrot.
House Parrot keeps saying 'Hello'  or I think he really means, "Hell No!" 
Dr. Geisler carefully inspects the area where Momma found the yellow flaky substance.. 
Dr. Geisler was very gentle  with me, I barely felt a thing (though I was still a little nervous). 
Close-up of  lump location, top of tail...
See that table? Those are my paw prints from being all nervous.  
(I was taken away for a moment to clear up the scootin' itch.)
Dr. Geisler explains that the flaky areas may be due to my allergies (dermatitis) and advises us to take a specified chihuahua sized dose of Benadryl.  Follow that with a gentle oatmeal bath to help clear things up.  She also indicated the lump on the tail maybe due to an irritation.  At this time we can take an antibiotic she's prescribing to help clear it up.  In the meantime, we will keep an eye on the lump to ensure it does not grow.  But she thinks it will not, and the small swell will go away.   Thanks for being so kind and gentle with me Dr. Geisler!

5 comments:

  1. OMD PB the indignity and worse they put you on the scales. We so hope it gets better and the irritation is under control. Sending healing vibes and POTP.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Molly for the healing vibes! Appreciate the empathy as well. ;o)

      Delete
  2. You handled that pretty well. I'd have been under the table. Hope it all clears up.
    - Taco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taco. I felt like going under the table, alas it can be difficult for little dogs since we can be easily carried... :o)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! That sounds like a very stressful visit. I never like going to the vets, it smells funny and the doctors look scary in their white coats. But then most of them are really gentle and friendly in the end! I hope you get better soon! Let me know when you find out what that lump is. Best wishes.

    Elvira Mullins @ Nelson Vets

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - send me a woof or two!


DogTv

Blog Archive

Piranha Banana's Followers