Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My First Visit With The Eye Doctor!

I have had my eyes checked for years (I see fine, thank-you-very-much) and an 'opportunity' was offered to all working dogs from  American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists to receive free eye exams.  I was able to get an appointment at Animal Eye Consultants to have my eyes checked with Dr. Denise M. Lindley --  Lucky Me!   Today was the day.  My friend Birdie met me there as she was having her eyes checked too!

 Perhaps you can tell how I felt about the visit by the photographs...
On the way to the Doctor - Don't want to talk about it... 
Okay - so here we are waiting... 
Do you think it will hurt, I ask? Birdie tells me she doesn't want to talk about it either...
I was hoping they  wouldn't call me in... - no such luck!
There's another door -- perhaps I should plan my escape...
Shh! - Shh - here comes the doctor and her assistant! 
Didn't even give me a chance - her assistant began to hold me down... what is that thing?
Hey... not so close!
What is that bright light?
Looking good so far... 
Other eye she says... 
My eyes are in perfect shape -- that wasn't so bad  ;o) 
Dr. Lindley Rocks -- WOOF WOOF!
She even let me pose with her after my exam!   

Thanks to the folks at  Animal Eye Consultants  for giving me  and my friend Birdie a free exam!  
We are now able to continue our work as therapy dogs in the community.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your eye appointment went so well!! I hope you got some yummy snacks for being such a good patient!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I did not get any treats Cuz' - I think momma has some splainin' to do!

      Delete
  2. You are so brave!! Glad everything is good! Following from the blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have x-ray vision or just regular vision. One thing good about those feet VETS they give lots of attention
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I think if I had xray vision i could see where people are hiding food - which would be where it would come most handy!

      Delete
  4. That is so awesome PB! Glad you have healthy eyes. Your friends haircut is beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Ann! I will let Birdie know you like her haircut. She is really pretty and her fur feels like velvet. When we do our visits together people really like it. ;o)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you - send me a woof or two!


DogTv

Blog Archive

Piranha Banana's Followers